Inside Zappos: On-boarding New Employees
In this tutorial, Zappos CEO Tony Hsieh and product manager Robert Richman describe the tools they use to develop a workforce that fits in with and believes in the company’s culture. Hsieh suggests thinking of your company culture as the core of your business and creating a hiring process around that culture. Robert Richman offers strategies for instilling and testing employee loyalty, such as offering new workers $2,000 to quit their jobs. Hsieh and Richman also discuss the importance of employee training and outline the components that a thorough training should include.
- The New Rules of Hiring
- How to Make New Employees Feel at Home
- How to Create a Leadership Development Program
- How to Institute an Employee Review Process
- Onboarding Done Better
- The Zappos Way of Managing
- How to Build a Beautiful Company
- 10 Questions for Tony Hsieh
Best of Inc.