Culture Should Be a VerbAn excerpt from the book, The Zappos Experience: 5 Principles to Inspire, Engage, and Wow, by Joseph A. Michelli.
Inside Zappos: Managing People
Zappos CEO Tony Hsieh and product manager Robert Richman discuss the methods their company uses to motivate employees. Richman describes efforts to make Zappos a place where people love to come to work, including avoiding call scripts and call-time restrictions. Hsieh discusses the importance of giving employees honest feedback about their performance and gathering candid feedback about your leadership. Richman and Hsieh describe the value of work friendships and the importance of hiring employees who believe in your company’s core values.
- How to Test a New Hire for Core Values
- Make Sure Your Next Hire Is a Culture Fit: 10 Tips
- 7 Ways to Socialize With Your Employees (and Not Get in Trouble)
- How to Create a Company Philosophy
- Managing Conflict
- How to Manage Interns
- Managing Millennial Workers
- How to Manage Multiple Business Locations
Best of Inc.