Inside Zappos: A Culture of Customer Service
Tony Hsieh, the CEO of Zappos, uses this tutorial to explain the components that go into his company’s core value of customer service. Hsieh’s strategies include free shipping, a 365-day return policy, a call center that operates at all hours, and clear and visible contact information. Hsieh says that Zappos is building a brand based on personal interaction. He cautions other companies to avoid upselling, call scripts, and call-time restrictions and recommends that businesses balance revenue against customer satisfaction by putting the customers’ needs first, even if it means sending them to a competitor.
- 10 Ways to Support Your Best Customers
- How to Make the Most of Customer Feedback
- How to Handle Customer Complaints
- How to Use Technology to Improve Customer Service
- The Little Things That Make or Break Your Business
- How to Deliver Great Customer Service
- You Can’t Make Unfriendly People Friendly
- How I Became a Customer for Life
Best of Inc.