Should an Eco Brand Put Money Before Mission?When United By Blue's margins shrunk dramatically, the entrepreneurs behind the socially savvy brand had to make a difficult choice.
In this tutorial, business leaders discuss the importance of supporting community causes. Bill Bass of Fair Indigo Clothing suggests starting within your business by making the company a good place to work. Pacific Crest Industries founder and CEO Steve Bell recommends sponsoring community events and encouraging employee volunteerism, and Optimal Lifestyles' Barbara Michael discusses how to use PR to promote both your business and your cause. Joe Cirulli of Gainesville Health & Fitness Center suggests incorporating philanthropy into your brand and contributing at least 10 percent of revenue to charity, while Michael Powell of Powell’s Books discusses methods of building donations into special promotions.
- How to Build a Values-Driven Business
- How to Start a Volunteer Program
- How to Start an Office Recycling Program
- 10 Ways to Mark Earth Day at Your Company
- How to Incorporate Philanthropy Into Your Business
- How to Make Social Responsibility Work For Your Company
- The Way I Work: Blake Mycoskie of Toms Shoes
- How a Social Mission Guides This Business
Best of Inc.