Case Study: How Flocabulary, a Study-Guide Publisher, Reinvented Itself,Flocabulary burned through $50,000—and had nearly nothing to show for it. Was it time to throw in the towel?
Finding Your First Customer
Discover strategies for landing your first sale with this tutorial. Kenneth R. Banks, owner and president of Banks Construction, says that cold-calling and using the phone book can be great strategies, while Debbie Moore of Autobahn Extremist suggests purchasing customer lists and using U.S. Census Bureau research. Pet Camp’s Mark Klaimen and Scott Vincent of the Good Earth Peanut Company recommend attending festivals and conferences to make connections, while Grace Jhong Dittmar of Trusted Mission Solutions says to tap previous business relationships. Barbara Michael, owner of Optimal Lifestyles, discusses the importance of asking friends and associates to support your business, and Nathaniel Weiss, founder and CEO of LiveProcess, stresses the importance of knowing your target customer.
- How to Host a Customer Event
- How Groupon Can Boost Your Company's Exposure
- How to Find New Customers and Increase Sales
- How to Improve Your Cold-Calling Skills
- Fix Your First Impression
- 3 Tricks to Getting Sales Referrals
- There's No Such Thing as a Wrong Number
- Understanding the Consumer of the Future
Best of Inc.