How to Raise PricesChargify's clients were happy—as long as they didn't have to pay. But when prices went up, the goodwill went away.
This tutorial shows how to improve your business practices by listening to the opinions of your customers. Bill Bass of Fair Indigo Clothing suggests methods for soliciting costumer feedback and using that feedback to promote and improve products. Banks Construction’s Kenneth Banks shows how to get honest and specific assessments by building personal relationships with key clients, and Paul D. Grangaard of Allen Edmonds Shoe Corporation advises establishing a review process for the feedback. Share the reviews with your entire staff, suggests Gainesville Health & Fitness Center owner Joe Cirulli, and praise employees when they receive favorable reviews.
- How to Write a Customer Survey
- How to Improve Your Company's Customer Service
- How to Handle Customer Complaints
- How to Take Advantage of Online Review and Answer Sites
- 4 Tools for Collecting Customer Feedback
- Tapping Customers for Product Ideas
- Workplace Feedback: 8 Essential Questions
- When It's Better Not to Listen to Customers
Best of Inc.