Case Study: An Indie Record Store Fights for SurvivalTo save their indie record store chain, the owners of Millennium Music decided to completely change it.
Coming Up With the Idea
This tutorial highlights the tools and principles that can help you bring your concept to market. BET’s Robert Johnson suggests organizing your thoughts on paper, and making a list of the people who can help you. Method co-founder Eric Ryan recommends using a panel of experts to evaluate your idea and give you feedback. Todd Howell of Winter Ridge Landscaping, Warren Brown of CakeLove and Love Café, and Honest Tea’s Seth Goldman discuss the characteristics of successful ideas, while Lexy Funk of Brooklyn Industries notes the value of being able to clearly and concisely explain your idea.
- How to Bring Your Invention to Market
- How to Refine Your Business Idea
- How to Run a One-Person Business
- How to Determine Which Franchise Business is Best for You
- The 2 Things About Your Start-up Idea That Actually Matter
- Need an Idea for a Killer New Business? Try This.
- 10 Steps From Idea to Business
- Saul Griffith's House of Cool Ideas
Best of Inc.